We draw upon
the world’s secular
and religious traditions,
respecting the perspectives of both doubter and believer.
link to CURRENT SAFETY POLICY
1a. Wedding date and ceremony start time.
2b. Name to be used in ceremony LEARN MORE
2c. Age today
2f. Email address
3a. Second Person's legal name
3b. Name to be used in ceremony LEARN MORE
3c. Age today
3f. Email address
4. Will you have a marriage license from
the state in which the wedding will take place or is this
wedding a ceremonial occasion without legal considerations?
please include the names of your two witnesses
to sign the documents (license, certificate) here:
6. As far as religion goes, the ceremony should
a. We wish traditional vows.
b. We will write our own,
perhaps adapting these suggestions.
8. About readings --
a. We want no readings.
b. From the list here
we want the following, numbered . . . .
c. We have chosen other reading(s),
x. We want the minister to do the reading.
y. The person(s) to offer the reading(s):
9. How many people (total everyone) might attend?
10. If you are presently out of town, when will you both will arrive in Kansas City?
In addition to the witnesses (#5 above),
please provide the name of the Bride's escort(s)
and any others such as best man, maid-matron of honor, groomsmen, bridesmaids, ushers, flower child, reader, guest book attendant, parent, musician or sound engineer, two witnesses
Bride's Escort: George Brown, Jane's father
Ring-bearer: Timmy Smith, Jim's son (6 yrs old)
12. After you are dressed and ready for the
13. Will you exchange rings?
14. Do you want to include
your children in a vow ceremony?
15. Your entrance / processional
16. Please include a remembrance of those not with us by name:
17. Any announcements you want made by the minister:
19. Your plans for photography:
Witnesses sign the marriage documents
Welcome by the minister
Consent and Presentations
Prayer [if desired in a religious ceremony]
Reading(s) [if desired]
Exchanging of Vows
[Any special rite]
Pronouncement [and embrace]
Benediction [or Farewell Wish]
Recessional [often with music]
21. If you have a wedding announcement or registry site (theknot.com, zola.com, appycouple.com, withjoy.com, etc), noting it here will help me get acquainted and prepare for your wedding.
EXAMPLES OF SPECIAL RITES
ABOUT THE INFORMAL GREETING
This is often appropriate for full Pilgrim Chapel rentals, less often for brief rentals in an intimate gathering.
NAME USED IN CEREMONY
Let me know if you prefer to be called by your familiar name ("nickname") during the wedding (Jim instead of James).
Your wedding should be what you want it to be. When we meet to plan the ceremony, as I get to know you, I may have suggestions for achieving your desires. If you wish to examine ideas available on the web for additional ideas before we meet, here is one web site I recommend.